28 January, 2020

Quora Answer: Do I Need to Serve National Service if I Accept Singapore Citizenship?

The following is my answer to a Quora question: “Do I need to serve national service if I accept Singapore citizenship?

If you are below the age of 30, and your citizenship application is as a dependent, based on your parent or guardian being granted citizenship, then you will have to serve National Service.  Upon the completion of your National Service obligation, ICA will send you a letter, and you have a specific period of time to convert your permanent residency to citizenship.

If you applied for citizenship as an investor, or were granted based on a skills requirement, you do not need to serve your National Service, because that would impact your ability to be an active investor, or a professional.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share our thoughts. Once approved, your comments will be poster.