31 July, 2019

Astro Toastmasters @ Radin Mas TMC as Project Speaker, 04th July 2019

On the 04th July 2019, I was hosted at Astro@Radin Mas Toastmasters Club, as a project speaker.  This was my 3rd club visit, on the 04th day of the new term.

I gave my icebreaker for the Dynamic Leadership pathway, since I have already completed my Visionary Communication path.  I spoke about my first voyage in the merchant navy, as a deck cadet, and some of my misadventures.

The venerable Katherine Kang was actually the first speaker.  She spoke about the assassination of John Fitzgerald Kennedy, and her impression of it, as a little girl.  It was a riveting account of history relived.  She also mentioned, briefly, the death of his brother, Robert Kennedy.

Li Shan Shan gave a humorous speech of the types of travellers that bedevil tour operators, and some of the lengths people go through to get a bargain.  Being the sort that would prioritise convenience and comfort over cost, it was an insight into the minds of other kinds of travellers.

Naveen Giri spoke of the time, long ago, when he was in the Army.  It was a story of pain and regret, when he was stung by a giant centipede during his jungle training after forgetting to check his boots before wearing it.  Such was the way he wove the story, we all felt his pain.

After the voting, the results were as follows:
Best Prepared Speech: Myself;
Best Evaluator: Aaron Ting King Hean; and
Best Table Topics Speaker: Steven Yap.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share our thoughts. Once approved, your comments will be poster.