24 February, 2022

Quora Answer: How Would You Describe Your Leadership Skills?

The following is my answer to a Quora question: “How would you describe your leadership skills? 

I am, generally, an authoritarian leader.  This does not make me autocratic.  Rather, I believe that a good leader needs counsel and advisors.  The difference is that it is important to identify credible counsel and subject matter experts, and consider their advise.  There is little value in the thoughts of the masses, until they prove themselves. 

In my style of leadership, I have this need to consider the larger strategic picture, and the consequences of actions.  This makes me effective in executive action, and I am generally, ruthless enough to accept losses within specific parameters in the near term for a longer term gain.  I am not personally invested in the human resource aspect of things.

My weakness is that I have a low tolerance for anyone I consider incompetent, and disregard them.  Whilst this is necessary, I also understand that this should be done in a subtler manner less it generates unnecessary conflict.  There is worth in contenting with leaders on different perspective and directions, because even when we disagree or lose, we still learn.  There is little to gain in conflicts with lesser people.  Transitioning into a democratic style of leadership in line with current social developments is a work in progress.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share our thoughts. Once approved, your comments will be poster.