02 December, 2019

The Artist's Eye

I wrote this poem for my wife, Zafirah Jeffrey, six years ago, when we first got married.

It takes an Artist’s Eye to Draw some lines,
And Turn them into something treasured.
It takes a Master’s Touch to Turn those designs
Into something thus valued unmeasured.
To Shape it thus in that crucible of Love,
To Give it light with that Breath of Life,
To have a Plan Laid out from Above,
When time was ripe, you became my wife.
Your hope in my heart, an enchantment stirred
Of Divine Love and worldly leisure.
Your name on my tongue, the sweetest word,
A key to the Garden of annihilated Pleasure.
The choicest moments were in your arms,
Lost in the embrace of an ocean of ecstasy.
The hint of a smile, the surest of charms,
A remembered road to our destiny.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share our thoughts. Once approved, your comments will be poster.