19 August, 2020

Quora Answer: Since I Have an Inheritance of $2.8 Million, What Investment is Suitable in Malaysia, Indonesia or Singapore?

The following is my answer to a Quora question: “I got an inheritance of $2.8 million.  I do not have any business skills.  What investment is suitable in Malaysia, Indonesia or Singapore?

If you really did inherit that sort of money, I would assume that it would be in a bank account, or a series of bank accounts somewhere.  I would be very surprised if you are getting it in cash in a doughnut bag.  In such a case, the bank itself would contact you, and assign an investment banker to speak with you.  If the funds came via an insurance payout, the insurer would have one of their financial advisors or consultants contact you.

Even then, I would recommend you speak to different types of financial services consultants, and weigh your options, from banks, insurers and fund houses.  Spread your funds between these various types.  This is not something that can be done on a Quora answer since serious recommendations require a Financial Health Review, and that is done face to face.  This is a comprehensive fact find to ascertain your liquidity, your exposure and your investment horizon, among other things.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share our thoughts. Once approved, your comments will be poster.